Write the school board with these questions and raise them in school meetings with the community.
1. Will the County receive any revenue from the cell tower rental?
2. When is the balloon test?
3. Will this result in the cell tower/compound becoming a HAZMAT location?
4. What type of generator will this compound have? Will it be noisy? Will it run on diesel fuel ? How often will it be tested and for how long?
5. How many vendors will be on the tower?
6. Please explain the "fall zone."
7. Will falling ice sheets be an issue?
8. Does every teacher staff and parent at the school know that the radiation the tower emits is a Class 2 B carcinogen with no safety assurances that researchers say "needs more research"?
9. How high will the fence be? What will it be made of?
10. Who will be authorizing the construction of the cell tower?
11. Who is responsible for the electricity to run the cell tower?
12. Where does the money go?
13. How was the community notified?
14. What safety checks will workers get who come to work on the tower? Are they fingerprinted as County school staff is to be sure they are safe for interacting with children?
15. Are Teachers, Staff and parents aware of the research linking this type of radiation to sleep disturbances, immune damage, reproductive damage and neurological problems?
16. Will trees be taken down to put the compound up?
17. What parks and natural areas are nearby? Any wildlife sanctuaries or wetlands?